Monday, March 15, 2010

Fashion in the 90s

I just want to say thanks to all you gals who've left me comments on my last post! I'm definitely going to try Nic Nic and LOLanne's suggestion on Revlon and L'oreal liquid eyeliners! Only when I know I'm not going to sweat profusely I use my MUFE aqua eyeliner in 0L. Even though a lot of reviews claim that it does not smudge, it does on me :( I don't even line my waterline!! Anyway I digress...


Onto today's topic! I recently found this reallyyyyyy old asian magazine in my stash of unnecessary goods. It dates back to April 1999 and is still in REALLY good condition! It's really funny to see how fashion progressed over the decade.


I still remember when bandanas were a fashion trend, and now we just associate it with Tupac O__O Or remember those tinted sunglasses that were usually tinted in the shade of orange or yellow?! I remember taking my dad's yellow tinted sunglasses even though they squished my head tremendously because I thought it was super cool back then... (I am aware that some of you may not be aware of these fashion trends, and these past trends are obviously going to date me pretty far back....)

Last weekend I visited The Bay with Mr. W in hopes of picking up something Olympic. There was absolutely NOTHING left. The whole Olympic section was like the result of a drought triggered famine and the remains were what was what the rats didn't want. Yes, the state of the section was THAT terrible. The only sizes left were 7/8 in GIRLS. I wouldn't even be able to get my head through the opening! Then I saw this....


Red's not my favorite color, but because I wanted something Olympic so badly, I got it!! During Xmas, there was still an abundance supply of tshirts (no sweaters though D: ) but I thought I could still grab something after the Olympics. Who knew that the final hockey game would be so intense and gratifying?! Did you know that an Olympic hoodie on ebay was selling as much as $1000? That's ridiculous.

I like my tshirt. The material is cotton and spandex so it's really comfy. However, look at the size...


Size 14 girls!!! Needless to say, I'm terribly relieved that the last piece of Olympic clothing at my local Bay fits me, albeit the size....

Question of the day: What is one fashion piece you regret buying/wearing in public? (it doesn't count when your mother was still picking out your clothes for you. It has to be based on your own decision!)

9 comments:

Delete said...

sadly enough, my own prom dress ) : hahaha if i could go back in time, i would change my dress in a heartbeat. but if i had to choose something more day-to-day. back in 8th grade i had this thick-strap, boatneck, sleeveless tank. it was purple, blue and white with these tiny shiny silver stars all over the tank. as you can tell, its already going to wrong way. i would be caught dead in it today. but back then, it was an awesome tank ( :

freshelle said...

EKIN!!! hahah

Shop N' Chomp said...

My roomie in college gave me a pic of Ekin she snapped in concert and I proudly posted it in our room...haha! He was so cool. ;) Btw, that is one sweet shirt you got! Fashion regrets? Where do I begin...

Nunu said...

Oh dear lord, Yes! magazine, now THAT brings back memories!!
Shortly before moving I found an entire box of them and proceeded to have a very happy time going through them.
Remember dungarees?and those round sunglasses? Yep those were out in full force! xD

Unknown said...

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!! the only sizes left here are also just 7/8!!! and why? are there no 7/8 girls who want them? weird... anyway!!! i'm kicking myself because last December, i was contemplating buying the $50 Canada hoodies, but i thought twice about it and let it go... NOW? its selling for $200+ or even up to a $1000 like you said!!! ccccccccccrazy!

Yumeko said...

those mags made me laugh so much
amazing what we used to wear!!!!

Daituf said...

MUFE smudges on me too...and bunch of other people i know. it's no good...return if u can...
haha, fashion i regret? too many to name...but probably this bright neon green jacket with a gazillion pockets... i thought it was so kool...

Anonymous said...

omggggg YES magazine... those were the days.. tho I could barely read Chinese back then.. It was inteesting to see that magazine talk about sex! hahah!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Oldies!! I remember my mom rockin the style XD.
Lucky you got something Olympic! My bf hesitated on buying this Olympic sweater and now he fully regrets it.

 


Copyright © 2008-2011 Superwoolu unless otherwise noted.